Before filing bankruptcy, you must first complete a required pre-filing credit counseling session. The online price is $30 for individual or joint filers.
InCharge Debt Solutions (IDS) is required to disclose the following information prior to each Pre-Petition Bankruptcy Counseling Session:
- IDS is a non-profit agency in accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Our credit counselors are trained and certified in accordance with Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE) and/or Institute for Financial Literacy (IFL) standards.
- IDS will not provide any information about this session to a credit reporting agency.
- The online Pre-Petition Bankruptcy Counseling session fee is $30 for single filers and $30 for joint filers.
- Payments are accepted online or over the phone. We accept major credit cards, debit cards, money orders, and ACH (electronic checks).
- InCharge Debt Solutions will provide services without regard to a client's ability to pay. Waiving the fee for services will be assessed based on completion of the Fee Waiver Request form and written verification of your family's monthly gross income in relation to the Federal Poverty Level Guidelines last published by the United States Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Click here for details. IDS will also waive its fee if you are being represented pro bono.
To obtain a Fee Waiver Request form, please contact InCharge Debt Solutions by phone at 866-729-0049. You can also mail, email, or fax a request for the Fee Waiver Request form or submit complete forms to:
- You will be required to complete a Fee Waiver Request form and provide proof of pro bono service or proof of income. Acceptable documents that can be used as proof of income include income tax return forms or W2s, employer letter, 3 most recent pay stubs, unemployment certificate, document of benefits obtained from the government or social security, leave and earnings statement from the military. Proof for pro bono service requires a letter from your attorney stating the reason for providing the pro bono service.
- Non-cash governmental assistance (such as food stamps or housing subsidies) is not included in calculating monthly gross income.
- The income of a spouse is included in calculating monthly gross income whether or not a joint petition is filed, unless the spouses are separated and a joint petition is not filed.
InCharge Debt Solutions
ATTN: Fee Waivers
5750 Major Blvd, Suite 300
Orlando, Florida 32819
Registration instructions will be sent to you by email or by the method specified on your Fee Waiver Request form.
- IDS also receives funding in the form of donations and contributions from entities that support financial education.
- IDS does not pay or receive fees or other consideration for Pre-Petition Bankruptcy Counseling Program referrals.
- Once the certification process has been completed, InCharge Debt Solutions will fax, mail or email a copy of the certificate to the individual(s) as requested by the client during the registration. The client is solely responsible for following up with his/her attorney to ensure that the certificate has been received. InCharge Debt Solutions will not be held liable for certificates that are lost in transition, however, we will resend the certificate at the client's request.
- I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions