Take this course before filing bankruptcy
The online price for Pre-Filing Credit Counseling is $25 for individual or joint filers.
InCharge Debt Solutions is required to disclose the following information prior to each Pre-Filing Credit Counseling Session:
- InCharge is a non-profit agency and is tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- InCharge credit counselors are trained and certified in accordance with National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) standards.
- InCharge does not provide information about your counseling session or your participation in the Debt Management Plan to credit reporting agencies. Also, InCharge cannot submit a dispute to a credit reporting agency on your behalf. However, your Listed Creditor(s) may report your participation in the DMP to credit reporting agencies. Some creditors may view your DMP participation negatively and many not extend additional lines of credit to you. While bankruptcy may help you erase or pay off past debts, those accounts will not disappear from your credit report. All bankruptcy-related accounts will remain on your credit report and affect your credit score for seven to 10 years, although their impact will lessen over time.
- Bankruptcy comes with a high cost: it generally stays on a person’s credit report for up to 10 years. After declaring bankruptcy, it may be difficult, if not impossible, to obtain financing for a car, a home or other large purchase. A credit report reflecting bankruptcy and a low score may even restrict a person from certain types of employment.
- The online Pre-Filing Credit Counseling Session session fee is $25 for single filers and $25 for joint filers. The Pre-Filing Credit Counseling Telephonic session fee is $50 for single filers
and $50 for joint filers.
- Payments are accepted online or over the phone. We accept major credit cards and debit cards.
- Clients receiving the Online Pre-Filing Credit Counseling are required to contact us after completing the online session to get certified. InCharge is obligated to provide a certificate to clients via the client’s preferred method of delivery promptly after the call. (Please note: if it’s a joint filing, we will need to speak with each individual to issue both certificates).
- InCharge provides services without regard to a client’s ability to pay. You may be eligible for a reduced fee or fee waiver upon written verification of your household income. Waiver or reduction of the fee will be assessed based on 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines last published by the United States Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) for the size of your household and your financial circumstances. InCharge may also waive the fee if your attorney represents you pro bono.
- Do not include non-cash governmental assistance (such as food stamps or housing subsidies) when calculating monthly gross income.
- Include the income of your spouse to calculate monthly gross income whether or not a joint petition is filed, unless you are separated from your spouse and a joint petition is not filed.
- To receive a fee waiver you are required to provide documentation of pro bono service or proof of gross monthly income. Acceptable documents that can be used as proof of income include income tax returns or W2s, employer letter, 3 most recent pay stubs, unemployment certificate, a statement of benefits obtained from the government or Social Security Administration or leave and earnings statement from the military. Proof for pro bono service requires a letter from your attorney stating the reason for providing the pro bono service.
If you are eligible for a fee waiver you will be prompted to complete a waiver form. Please forward the form along with one of the items of proof above to:
InCharge Debt Solutions
ATTN: Fee Waivers
5750 Major Blvd, Suite 300
Orlando, FL 32819
Email: [email protected]
Registration instructions will be sent to you by email or by the method specified on your waiver form.
- InCharge receives funding in the form of donations and contributions from entities that support financial education.
- InCharge does not pay or receive fees or other consideration for Pre-Filing Credit Counseling Session referrals.
- You have the opportunity to negotiate an alternative payment schedule or debt management plan for your unsecured debt. You may incur additional fees in connection with a debt management plan.
- The United States Trustee has oversight of InCharge’s Pre-Filing Credit Counseling services. Your information may be disclosed to the United States Trustee in the ordinary course of this oversight, during the investigation of any complaints, during on-site
visits or during quality of service reviews.
- The United States Trustee has reviewed InCharge’s Pre-Discharge Debtor Education course and InCharge’s Pre-Filing Credit Counseling service but has not reviewed or approved other services offered by InCharge.
- InCharge provides bilingual counseling services in Spanish without additional charge.
- Only if you complete your counseling session and a certification session with an InCharge counselor, InCharge will fax, mail or email a copy of your certificate of completion to the person you requested during registration. You are solely responsible for following up with your attorney to ensure that the certificate has been received by your attorney. InCharge will not be liable for certificates that are lost during transmission; however, we will resend the certificate at your request.
NOTE: If you have already filed your bankruptcy and received your bankruptcy case ID you should be taking the Pre-Discharge education course instead.
I Agree, Continue to the Pre-Filing Session Take me to the Pre-Discharge course instead
If you are considering filing jointly all filing parties must contact us once the online session is completed to obtain their Pre-Filing counseling certificate.